Our Simply Southern Chicken Salad can be served with your favorite crackers, as a sandwich on toasted wheat bread, or on top of a beautiful array of blended lettuce. (Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired). Hope you enjoy our Secret.
- 6 - 8 Chicken Breast Strips skinless
- 1 cup Red Grapes sliced
- 1 cup Red Apples diced (for a more tart taste use green apples)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans candied
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Tarragon Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 pinch Celery Salt
- 1 pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
Cut uncooked chicken strips into small bite size pieces place in a bowl. Add tarragon leaves, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Mix until chicken is well coated.
In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons olive oil cook on medium heat setting.
Add seasoned chicken, stirring until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat when done. Blot excess oil if needed.
While chicken is cooking, wash grapes, apple and celery. Blot excess water from items.
On a small cutting board, dice apples and celery add to a mixing bowl. Slice grapes add to mixing bowl.
Add mayonnaise, cayenne, cracked black pepper, celery salt, candied walnuts or pecans, and dried cranberries. Add cooked chicken and rice vinegar. Stir until well blended.